Who hates buying expensive chicken nuggets with artificial ingredients, fillers or preservatives? I do!
Now don't get me wrong. this will not taste exactly the same as the store-brand, and that's because there aren't any fillers in them, and you can pronounce all of the ingredients. It's like a cross between chicken nuggets and meatloaf, they are healthy and you know what's in them! Make a bunch and freeze them for quicker meals. Go ahead, puree a little bit of veggies (carrots or broccoli) and sneak them in sometime. Kids love food that is shaped, so grab all of your small cookie cutters.
Serves: about 6 (20+ nuggets, depending on shape)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- In large bowl, combine chicken, 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Knead dry ingredients into ground chicken.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs onto the rolling surface. Round into a ball, and roll out flat. Press into a cookie cutter for shaped nuggets or use a small round cutter to make circular nuggets.
- Dip nuggets into bread crumb mixture (1/8 cup Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs) and turn over, patting crumbs into surface to coat evenly.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Arrange nuggets on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Lightly spray nuggets themselves with cooking spray or olive oil for a crispier coating (optional). Bake 20 minutes or until fully cooked, turning once half way through cooking.
- You can freeze the leftovers for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.